Monday, December 04, 2006

Kids group photo & sparkly lights


Being the non-photographer that I am, I had the darndest time getting all three kids smiling, looking at the camera, eyes open, etc....This was the best out of, oh, I don't know, 50! When I tried taking photos inside in front of the Christmas tree, Henry kept shutting his eyes because of the flash. So, we traipsed outside and sat them on the front steps. Well, then it was the sun that bothered him. So, we finally settled on this shot where I told him just to keep his eyes wide open just for a moment. He went a little overboard and this is the result...but hey, it's better that eyes squeezed shut, right?? So, this pic will go in the lovely frames we bought for the grandparents and Aunt Jill.

I'm terrible about sending pics to the grandparents and they see them only occasionally (like, every other year or so!) so they really deserve this photo. :)



We decorated the house over the weekend. I went a little crazy with tiny white sparkle lights and garland. They are on the mantles, up the staircase and a few outside. Of course, I chose the windiest day to hang the lights outside so they ended up only on two of the front porch posts. Then, I put a single candle in every window. It's simple, elegant and understated. I like it :) Our tree, on the other hand, is our usual eclectic mix of lights and ornaments collected over the years. You wouldn't find this tree at Martha Stewarts house but then again, you wouldn't find much of any of the thrifted goodies I find at her house :) Jason and I bought these M&M lights years ago and they go on every year but somehow we're down to only one strand of them so we supplement these gems with another strand of candy lights and then a strand of red. I did start a lovely tradition of getting the kids a new ornament every year so that when the leave the nest, they will have enough ornaments for their first tree. They are all piled on our beautiful, family tree :)

No comments: