Thursday, December 14, 2006

Candy houses and fun surprises!


Every year, I see those Gingerbread house kits and think I should get one for the kids to put together...but, for some reason (usually money), I never do. Well, this year, I bought one. They had them on sale at Michaels for only $7.44. Well, let me tell you, my kids LOVED putting it together (they didn't even fight!) and it looks SO cute. We didnt' follow any of the "beautiful, but obviously done by a professional" decorating plans but rather, I put on the frosting as they plunked down the candies. I think it came out just lovely :)

Today, Audrey had to be at the dentist at 9 a.m. so it was an early morning for us. (we are not morning people). Good news, no cavities! Now, you must realize, we haven't had the best of luck with Audrey's teeth. They are crowded and soft and are easily prone to cavities but she is diligent with her brushing and I'm very proud of her for this no cavity trip to the dentist. So, luck was with us today and she was to be even more rewarded because after the dentist, we stopped at the beautiful, old Stanley Theater to pick up tickets for Lord of the Dance coming in February. I know, I know, it will be fabulous. I'm taking my mom and my 2 girls. It will be a wonderful girls night out and I just can't wait!!! Anyway, right when we got to the theater, busloads of children were showing up. What's up? I ask. Perfect timing, a musical of Junie B. Jones was just about to start. We obviously didn't have tickets but they just asked for 5 bucks and in we went. What a special treat. It was an adorable musical and even my little Henry loved it.

After all this excitement, we came home and plopped on our comfy couch for a little snooze. I love days like this, where everything comes together and all is right in our world:)

No comments: