Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It's been one of those days...


Maybe it was the weather, maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. The weather has been icky and we are stuck inside, climbing the walls. Just a taste of what we'll have to deal with come winter. I've also been struggling with some inner termoil, if you will, about my life and where I'm headed. Most days, I feel like I'm heading in the right direction but today, my mind was all over the map.

The hardest obstacle right now is my struggle between wanting to trust my kids enough to go forward with unschooling but that stresses me out sometimes plus, the fact that I love so much all the waldorf inspired teachings but am having trouble implementing them into our lives. Too much effort some days. Most mornings, I would love 2 hours just to sit, drink my coffee and surf the net but of course, my son doesn't want to let me, although he's perfectly happy to watch tv for that time but if I allow that, then guilt creeps in. I'd really like to wean him from tv. He's only 3 and he's such an addict. Audrey, not so much, she'd rather read, as would I, but since he can't read, he's happy as a clam watching all those PBS shows. So, there's that matter. Then...

I also struggle with what to do as far as my etsy shop, my crafting and my potential Barefoot Books biz. I love etsy and when the mood strikes, I love to craft. My shop has been empty for months now and I just haven't been motivated/creative enough to make anything. I have supplies for almost any craft and believe me, I've tried them all and I like most crafts I've tried (especially soapmaking) but I can't seem to find my niche, if you know what I mean. I actually got inspired to pull out the beads to make some jewelry. Nothing came to me so I thought well, I can at least, sell off some supplies, mostly beads, for now, that my mom has been collecting over the years and gave to me to use. I did get struck with some minor creativity as I manage to make a couple of necklaces and finish up some old projects that needed completing. I feel better now and maybe once etsy works out the gliches in the new system, I'll get them listed.

So, that's what I've been struggling with today. Tomorrow may be better...I hope. And I'll leave you with the most adorable pic of our little bun-bun, Lulu :)

No comments: